Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Riding Group Meeting

We had a meeting and went on a short ride yesterday. Luckily, we got a break in the weather, and rode the Discovery Trail a bit, then headed back to LBCR. There was a new face in the group. It was nice to make her acquaintance, and to get out and ride with someone new. I hope she will continue to ride with us. We decided that as far as a name goes, we would just let it evolve on its own. There will be a time when someone will say something at just the right time, or something will happen, and a name will be born. I like that idea a lot. Instead of trying to make up a name, we'll just let one come to us! I rode to the meeting from home, then put another 12 miles on afterward. In all, I put another 35 miles in the old saddle. I have six days off starting tomorrow, and I hope to get in at least another 100 miles, weather permitting.

1 comment:

Stephen Fosdick, 100biketours.com said...

David,

How was you Hwy 101 ride? I hope you made it OK.

After 5,000 miles of biking and hiking, I've called it a year and settled into the small western town of Sisters, Oregon. I've even taken a part time job at a feed store (It only seemed logical to work at a feed store in this town!)

Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail over 2,000 miles was totally awesome. I didn't complete the entire trail as I had hoped, but I did succeed in loosing over 50 pounds, so I'm not complaining. I can finish the remaining 600 miles or so next year.

I was able to get some amazing photos along the way. If you haven't seen my blog in a while, visit http://100biketours.blogspot.com.

I still need to get my recumbent unpacked and re-assembled. I'd like to start riding it again. It's just so easy to jump on my beach cruiser when I need to go to the store or whatever.

Take care and happy riding to you.

O. (Oscar) Ikem Sofar
Steve Fosdick