Friday, April 4, 2008

There's hope (I think). The knee might be healing.

Over the last couple of days, I've stuck my toe in the water, and ventured out on the 'bent. Still very weary about the pain that inevitably sets into the knee at the point of no return, I went without loading the ol' girl down too much and tightened up the knee brace. I am happy to say that on day one, 20 miles went by with very little pain, if any at all. Yesterday, I put over 30 miles in the saddle (riding to the Harley Davidson shop and back...ugh) with only moderate pain after having to pull every hill in the city to get home. I think the knee might be getting better. I'm trying not to push it too hard, but trying to rehab it at the same time with lots of walking and spinning of the stationary recumbent at the gym. Keeping my fingers crossed, I hope to be healed up for a three day tour I have planned at the end of the month, not to mention the Coast Tour in July. Happy trails!

No comments: